Sunday, February 26, 2012

Must read books

I’ve decided to add a new feature to this blog. You will find it on the right side of the page, just under my profile. 
This will be a collection, or should I say a list, of my 'must read' books. On this list I will be putting books that I’ve had read, and are - in my opinion - the books that anyone, no, EVERYone should have read. You will meet all sorts of genres. Fantasy, crime, horror, biography, history, classic novels, short stories, fairytales, books on gardening, etc …
But I have to warn you, to not be surprised, if there will only be one or maybe two books per year. To get on this list, these books will have to be really special to me.


Here are some, that I have come across so far:

Al Araf – Vladimir Bartol
A Song of Ice and Fire (complete collection of the series) – George R. R. Martin
Jonatan Livingston Seagull – Richard Bach
Kafka on the Shore (Umibe no Kafuka) – Haruki Hurakami
Knjiga o bambusu (not yet in English) – Vladislav Bajac
The Celestine Prophecy – James Redfield
The Little Prince (Le Petit Prince) – Antonie de Saint-Exupéry
The men Who Planted Trees (L’homme qui plantait des arbers) – Jean Giono


The first is the title in English and next (between the parentheses) the original title - before the translation was done, of course. If there isn’t a translation to English, there is just the original title written. After the titles comes the author. For now they stand in alphabetical order, but later on the new books will be added on the top of the list.

So, if you get to come across any of these books, you should try (finding and) reading them!
I promise, you won’t regret it!

Oh, yeah, the idea for this 'book features' came from my neighbors blog, from Diana.



So, read you next time!

Uroš


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...