Saturday, December 24, 2011

Frogs and toads of Slovenia on CD

As you probably realize, I’m in frogs lately. Just the previous day I was looking for something bout them on internet and I found this:




It’s a CD with sounds of 13 frog and toads that live in our country, recorded by Tomi Trilar and it was published by Slovenian Museum of Natural History.

O this CD you can found calls of Yellow-bellied Toad (Bombina variegata), Fire-Bellied Toad (Bombina bombina), Common Spade Foot Toad (Pelobates fuscus), Common Toad (Bufo bufo), Green Toad (Bufo viridis), European Tree Frog (Hyla arborea), Common or Grass frog (Rana temporaria), Moor Frog (Rana arvalis), Agile Frog (Rana dalmatina), Italian Agile Frog (Rana latastel), Lake Frog (Rana (Pelophylax) ridibunda), Edible Frog (Rana (Pelophylax) kl. esculenta) and Pool Frog (Rana (Pelophylax) lessonae). All spieces of frogs and toads that live in our country. 

I was listening this sounds for all day long, and I think I will start so sound like a frog to. Well but the main thing for me to buy these CD is to learn sounds of frogs and toads, because this spring I will try to find them in their mating season, because I want to take photos of them. Right now my main goal for this comeing spring is Green Toad (I just love her color), Common Spade Foot Toad and Moor Frog.

Well anyway you have probably already seen my photos of Yellow-bellied Toad, Pool Frog and my favorite for now European Tree Frog.

Here are some sounds from CD (you can find more on their offical page):

Alternation of two males of Yellow-bellied Toad - Bombina variegata.
Male advetrisment call of Green Toad - Bufo viridis
A chorus of males of Moor frog - Rana arvalis

At first you would not think that some frogs can soud like these.

Gosh I can’t wait spring! But wither has just began so I have planty time to learn their songs. :D

So, read you next time.

Uroš

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...